File size

News & Announcements from the Register
les

File size

Post by les »

Can we work things so that a larger file size is allowed here, pictures are difficult to post.

Plin

Re: File size

Post by Plin »

Agreed it can be difficult to upload files due to size, would be great if it could be easier.

les

Post by les »

I’m wondering if the investment in this site is diminishing because of the apparent abandonment in favour of facebook. Only time will tell if membership is affected.

DaveC

Post by DaveC »

Hi folks
I just tried to post a picture, and Photobucket want me to pay £7.99 per month to host pictures posted on forums. Is there a free picture hosing site we can use? I'm pretty sure that this never used to be the case with Photobucket. I will try the 'imgur' link that you provide in the Information section Russ and see if it works for me.
Thanks
Dave
1958 1/4 ton van (ex PO Engineers) 1275cc

les

Post by les »

If you’re using a tablet to take photos with, you can put the pictures that you take, directly onto this and other forums. The only drawback is the file will probably be too large for this particular forum. You will probably need to reduce the file size, using some software. Photobucket lost my interest when it wanted money.

DaveC

Post by DaveC »

Yes I was put off by the demand for money and the change of hosting rules for free users. I will have a go at posting using other methods ;)
1958 1/4 ton van (ex PO Engineers) 1275cc

RussLCV

Post by RussLCV »

Follow instruction for posting pics please
Russ Harvey
Minor LCV Register Historian
Freelance Motoring Journalist/photographe
r

RussLCV@gmail.com