Minor LCV Register Forum

Welcome to the new forum for the Minor LCV Register
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:17 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:21 am 

This is very exciting news it looks like the old J type has been reinvented with an electric engine for the road I saw on my wife’s Instagram account , will find out some more very exciting stuff .

But on the flip the coin it looks like cars for the future like the new Tesla American pickup truck has a very angular design ...... are we now forgetting about health and safety ?.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:49 am 

Someone from the mmoc forum posted this link. https://www.driving.co.uk/news/morris-b ... van-maker/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:41 pm 

Does anyone on this forum have an early J2?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:55 pm 

The electric J look fab, but it'll be close to £90k once it's on the road, who's that going to appeal to?

Monte on Instagram

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:21 am 

PoolGuy wrote:
The electric J look fab, but it'll be close to £90k once it's on the road, who's that going to appeal to?

the seller...!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:23 am 

A lot of articles about electric cars, Brixit, and the GB motor industry on that page. What percentage of UK built cars are exported and what percent of cars on UK roads are imports? What would be the balance if all the cars in UK were domestically built?. If new early sixties spec Minis, Jags, and MGs were available over here I'd be kicking the tires. Not much of a fan of the retro BMW Mini, too big.

On electrics, do all of them charge on the same voltage? Does the charging station put out DC or is the charger onboard? Is there an international standard? Over here AC is 60hz, it's 50hz over there isn't it? 200 miles doesn't seem like much for a taxi or delivery van. I've heard stories about taxis going 80,000 miles a year. That's 219 a day with no down days. You might guess I'm not a big fan of change.
So are J2s part of this forum?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:06 am 

Just putting it in the pot to spice up the forum .... no harm in that .... the J was a popular commercial back in a day .
Who knows I might make a full aluminium electric Morris Minor Van . I might be doing a Alloy Split screen Camper.
But £90.000 is a bit steep .

Let’s face it us old gits need not worry about the future we won’t be here LOL .... It’s predicted the Sun will live for 130 million years and then it will engulf all our planets that we know of . We have a long time left , but I think our planet will look like the moon eventually ..... Full of dust .

And the fact of the day do you know how big the Sun is compared with earth????

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:16 am 

960.000 earths would fit Inside the Sun.... it’s astonishing .

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:43 am 

As you're doing facts. My vans co2 emissions over 12 months are the same as a hot tub :D

TBH, I can't take the whole co2/climate change thing seriously when patio heaters are still used.

Monte on Instagram

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:36 pm 

Third attempt to reply, keeps crashing when I hit submit.
I've seen "old git" on the Elva forum. What is the American translation, old fart?
I don't think I'm melting the polar ice caps either, 200 - 500 miles a year at 35mpg. I think I burn that in my lawnmower and snowblower each year. Maybe the answer is to ban lawns and driveways and move everyone into vertically stacked concrete boxes in the city and shuffle them around in the subway.

The Minor was a handy tool for moving stuff that wouldn't fit in the Golf, anything I could pick up and put in or on the tilt frame. Not enough use to justify a F150, Dodge Ram, Silverado, yet alone a Tesla. Besides they take up too much space.

I ask about the J2 because I've had a copy of AAK9767C J.2 Drivers Handbook kicking around. Wondered if anyone over there needed one. It's stamped Robert Pump Imports, Schenectady NY so not a perfect fit for a Brit truck but maybe better than nothing?