Chat and banter about Minor LCV's
les

Question

Post by les »

Is Facebook killing this forum?

bbennett

Re: Question

Post by bbennett »

I don't use facebook, I figured it was the social lockdown I've been hearing about over there and to some extent over here. Car show gatherings are way down.
BB

les

Post by les »

Not sure it’s that, probably would expect more posts if people are stuck indoors. Thanks for your reply though. Keep well.

midget

Post by midget »

Short answer is yes Les unfortunately. But I am more worried about the future of the whole Classic movement as a whole?
John

les

Post by les »

These periodic lockdowns don’t help but I’m not aware of any great decline in enthusiasm, as mentioned this forum is suffering for reasons suspected but the other Morris site is added to daily. Not sure what will happen in future years though John, and they get nearer.

Plin

Post by Plin »

Yuk, yep Facebook and other social media places are probably seen as more fun and more instant that our lovely forums. The other Morris forum is indeed used more than this but even there the postings are not as prolific as they used to be

Still today we have just buzzed out in our van to check to see if the newly installed temperature gauge was working ok, was really great to get out in the van despite having to dodge the downpours!

midget

Post by midget »

Sorry if I implied that the enthusiasm was waning Les, it was the environmental scare scam that is gaining momentum that I am concerned about, particularly the fuel availability when we all have to rely on EVs. Hope that I have gone by then!

Yes Plin, always give the van a regular runout, but weather permitting.
John

les

Post by les »

Well I’ve been alternating between van and motorcycle the last few weeks, since my regular drive is playing up. I’m a fine weather rider these days, so then the bike comes out! Traffic is the problem today, and with a bike, its not such an issue. The van is well protected so apart from wiping it down before garaging, I’m pretty relaxed about it getting wet.