Facebook

Chat and banter about Minor LCV's
ivor

Facebook

Post by ivor »

It seems to me that most of those who frequent this forum avoid the FB page, and vice-versa. I am finding the Fb page a little tedious these days.
Any thoughts?

les

Re: Facebook

Post by les »

Isn't that the site one joins to inform the world of all their personal baggage?

moggybrian

Post by moggybrian »

Maybe you can encourage LCV Members to frequent the forum more often!!
which does not air to the 'world and his wife'
just a thought
it's there for you all to use,so, why NOT use it?
it is there for all like minded people who have the interests
of our increasingly rare marque at heart.
Brian. 8-)

ivor

Post by ivor »

Sadly there are also those who wish to tell people what they should or shouldn't do to their vans. And there seems to be no moderation.

les

Post by les »

Not sure where your info comes from but I agree, we should be able to do what we like with our lcv's. However if someone suggests doing this or that, there is no reason to feel obliged to go along with it. As owners we have the last say!

ivor

Post by ivor »

If you saw the posts on there you would know what I mean. Some of it is really quite unpleasant and unnecessary :evil:

les

Post by les »

Well it may not be as popular here but hopefully its more amenable. :)

ivor

Post by ivor »

les wrote:Well it may not be as popular here but hopefully its more amenable. :)
;) :D

Boxofbits

Post by Boxofbits »

Facebook is certainly more ‘photo friendly’ than our forum, and especially if you have a Restoration going on and want to post several pictures it’s useful. That doesn’t mean I don’t support the forum as it categorises subjects of interest parts wanted and for sale etc for members. You can’t get the excellent magazine and support the club as a whole by using FB solely.

I would say though that more members might make more of an effort to be proactive on the forum as a whole.

Kevin

ivor

Post by ivor »

Boxofbits wrote:Facebook is certainly more ‘photo friendly’ than our forum, and especially if you have a Restoration going on and want to post several pictures it’s useful. That doesn’t mean I don’t support the forum as it categorises subjects of interest parts wanted and for sale etc for members. You can’t get the excellent magazine and support the club as a whole by using FB solely.

I would say though that more members might make more of an effort to be proactive on the forum as a whole.

Kevin
I would agree, photo posting on FB is very easy. Would be nice though for more to use this forum.