Minor LCV Register Forum

Welcome to the new forum for the Minor LCV Register
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:55 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: '65 pickup
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:37 pm 

Anyone know anything about this '65 pickup in West Midlands? Registration number is EUJ426C. Is it in the registry?

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1122476

Except for the homemade box it looks like the closest condition match to my crunched '59. Still haven't established a valuation . Not many for sale or sold over here. Insurance adjuster said mine looks totaled but had said he had seen worse brought back. Valuation not his job.
Interesting guy. British born and raised, moved here at 21, owned a Morris but claimed to have never seen a pickup. Are they that rare over there too? I worked with a Brit engineer who insisted that the Minor pickup didn't exist despite me driving mine to work to show him differently.
BB

Post subject: Re: '65 pickup
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:03 am 

Keep this in your armoury for valuation purposes https://www.morrisminor.org.uk/car-for- ... en-pick-up

Monte on Instagram

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:40 pm 

Thanks Monte,
At $36,000 USD plus postage that's the highest I've seen. Where is the bottom of the scale? I've seen a number of restoration stories on the forum, where do complete project trucks start?

My '59 was a reliable, solid, but faded driver. The '65 coal stove hauler from this distance looks like the closest match to mine so far. It looks like it retains an original but worn interior. Mine probably has salon seats, no headliner, and replacement carpeting. The carandclassics '65 has a homemade box but it looks functional and is kinda charming. I think the box on my '59 can be straightened. Hard to tell from the pictures the condition of the paint and body work.

What is the hierarchy of value across the Minor family? I expect the LCV forum crowd places vans at the top? Over here the two doors are most common and cheapest. Pickups seem most rare and vans not far behind. Don't know how they compare to convertibles, travelers, and 4 doors? Does year of manufacture or series influence value much? The later models seem more available over there. I think the US market ended around 1967.

I pulled the bumper, grill panel, fender, box floor, and exhaust off yesterday. The body is racked all the way to the tailgate but I didn't find obvious frame damage yet.
BB

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:57 am 

IMO pricing them is an impossible task, there are just too many variables so I wouldn’t have a clue what the bottom number is.

Monte on Instagram