Russ Harvey
Minor LCV Register Historian
Freelance Motoring Journalist/photographe
r

RussLCV@gmail.com

TFM150K

Re: Chassis

Post by TFM150K »

Having been in touch with Matt, he has no more idea than I have as to HOW to flag up the links to get you to an advert or an article - and no way are we the only two people living in ignorance as both here and on the other two forums that I regularly visit there are instances (regularly) of people mentioning things to look at and other (sympathetic) people following up with the link.
So, Russ, please help us two (and, I expect, many more) and tell us how to do it - an idiots' guide for the less computer-savvy! I have looked around elsewhere on this machine and can't find a guide elsewhere. A new 'topic' would seem appropriate!
Thanks, Dave.
TFM is a late (April 1972) Post Office engineers van in lovely Golden Yellow (Golden Yellow - doesn't come out very well)!!

les

Post by les »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MORRIS-MINOR- ... SwnipWYLC1
Just tried this from iPad to see if it worked, looks like it did. Maybe different on other devices.
Try this-----Highlight the web page in the address box at the top of the web page. Type Ctrl + c, then go to where you want the link posted and type Ctrl + v
Or----Highlight the web address in the address box. Left click on COPY, then go to where you want the link posted, then right click, you will then get a box come up which you then select PASTE with a left click.

AMD 69

Post by AMD 69 »

Les now youre just showing off LOL ..I,ve painted a TR6 chassis in epoxy this morning though.

I should work for Sainsburys just here to help.

les

Post by les »

Ha ha, I can't show off with my computer knowledge, it's more like luck if all goes right! ;)
Good luck with the shelf packing! :D

TFM150K

Post by TFM150K »

Right, trying Les's first option first, should get an advert for a Ford Model T which was for sale in America:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201475305772? ... t_70wt_979
TFM is a late (April 1972) Post Office engineers van in lovely Golden Yellow (Golden Yellow - doesn't come out very well)!!

les

Post by les »

Looks like you're up and running!

TFM150K

Post by TFM150K »

Partly. Having got the link up I went straight back to congratulate myself, put up a post, submitted it and the system logged me out instead! That'll teach me to try to sing my own praises!
Anyway, that was using "system 1" - I'll try again (later, got to get to the Post Office before it closes - don't trust it 'cos it recently closed then didn't open again for seven WEEKS and we still have had no explanation...........) with system 2 (the copy and paste) and try to post an "idiot's guide".
Regards, :ugeek: (apparently that smilie is "super-geek" - delete "geek" and substitute "idiot")