Storm Force Outdoor Cover NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Selling an item? List it in here
Triumph66

Storm Force Outdoor Cover NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Post by Triumph66 »

I am having a clear out and came across my old Pick Up Storm Force outdoors cover in very good condition. It's grey and insulated and is a quality item. I will take some photos of it tomorrow when I put it on my van. My van is stored in the garage or under the car port hence why it's no longer needed.

I am looking for £65 for it plus postage. Cash on collection or cheque if posted.

I am in Newton Abbot, Devon. PM or email me on amidgley66@yahoo.co.uk

I might be listing some Morris Minor LCV GPO parts as and when.

Cheers

Andrew.
Last edited by Triumph66 on Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Triumph66

Re: Storm Force Outdoor Cover

Post by Triumph66 »

Too windy and wet to put the cover on today. So will try to do it another day.

RussLCV

Post by RussLCV »

And the PO parts are?
Russ Harvey
Minor LCV Register Historian
Freelance Motoring Journalist/photographe
r

RussLCV@gmail.com

Triumph66

Post by Triumph66 »

I have yet to decide what I want to sell as I am dithering on whether I want to or not.

I do have a GPO First Aid Box that may be surplus to requirements and several metal interior door 'cards'.

I am having second thoughts as my van is a former GPO van.

DaveC

Post by DaveC »

Is the first aid box the long metal one behind the passenger seat? I have one in my GPO van, I would certainly not get rid of that! ;)

My metal door 'cards' have four holes below the door handle which is at the top. The holes are arranged about two inches by five inches centres....I assume maybe more handles or possibly brass plaques go there? Would you have the things that go there or know what they were? You can see the holes on this picture, just below and forward of the passenger door handle
1958 1/4 ton van (ex PO Engineers) 1275cc

Triumph66

Post by Triumph66 »

The four holes I think would be the plaque for the chassis number and so forth. That's a great looking interior and the metal 'cards' I got need to be cleaned up and sprayed black at some point. I got the handles for them too. The First Aid box is rectangular. Be great if you got a photo of yours to compare mine.

As I say, I am having second thoughts about getting rid of these items as it taken me a long time to source them in the first place.

DaveC

Post by DaveC »

Hi Andrew
I wouldn't get rid of any bits that are peculiar to my van unless I had duplicates ;) I like the metal door 'cards' really utilitarian
Yes I wondered about the door holes, I thought maybe reflectors or information plates of some kind...and here is a photo of the interior of my van showing the box. I'm not sure how it is fixed in position, so it may end up inside or moved behind the new box that I intend to build. The hasp and staple are at the front, and like yours it is rectangular. Currently it has the fire extinguisher etc in it
Sorry for taking your post off topic :D ;)
Cheers
Dave

Triumph66

Post by Triumph66 »

That's a fabulous looking LCV you got there. I love the utilarian feel of my cab. Only the outside has been painted in Willow Green but the interior is as it was when I got it some 5 years ago. I must getting the metal cards in place I think to complete that feel. I use my van fairly regularly in my gardening business but I tend to use my Toyota Hilux more for ease of use. I sold my pickup to buy the Hilux :shock: I enjoyed tinkering with my van this morning that it reawakened my passion for my LCV and now wondering about sourcing a pickup again.......

Your box is different to mine as mine is shorter and I think it squarer not rectangular like yours.

Thanks Iain for your feedback. My cable came from Maurice from MTR Restoration a while back when he recommissioned my van and it was he who spotted the gearbox crossmember anomaly.

DaveC

Post by DaveC »

I can't take credit for the quality of the restoration as I bought her like this, but I have in mind to insulate and line the sides with thin ply so that it protects the van sides from dents from the inside. I will varnish and make it look and smell authentic.

Anyway.....just the Storm Force cover for sale then :)

Triumph66

Post by Triumph66 »

Even the Storm Force Cover I will now keep :roll: :oops: I might get another pickup at some point so that would be my reason for now not selling that......

I look forward to seeing some photos of your work on the insulation of the ply board.