Storm Force Outdoor Cover NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Selling an item? List it in here
Triumph66

Re: Storm Force Outdoor Cover NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Post by Triumph66 »

The Storm Force Cover has been withdrawn from sale. Thanks.

TFM150K

Post by TFM150K »

DaveC
The box behind the passenger seat is your tool-box, which would have fitted in front of the grill if one was fitted (not all engineers vans had them fitted despite what you may be told elsewhere but the vast majority DID). The First-Aid box was very much smaller - about 5"x3"x1 1/2" containing a smaller plastic pouch with a selection of plasters, a sterile No 13 wound dressing and half-a-dozen safety-pins. Fine if you cut your finger but not much use if you had fallen off your ladder.... I gather the box was attatched to the wooden frame of the grill partition with a couple of screws though I can't find a picture anywhere. The tool boxes are shown in the Body Service Parts list but I can't find the first-aid box - the one I have is stamped GPO on the back and I have seen identical ones on civvy vans (and there was one in an RAC van that I had back in the 1980s). They were made by B.P.& S.
Sorry, I'm not as technically as advanced as to be able to post photos!
TFM is a late (April 1972) Post Office engineers van in lovely Golden Yellow (Golden Yellow - doesn't come out very well)!!

Triumph66

Post by Triumph66 »

I will try and post up some photos of my metal First Aid box for clarification over the weekend.