Lucas dash dimmer 'switch'

Selling an item? List it in here
DaveC

Lucas dash dimmer 'switch'

Post by DaveC »

Hi folks.

I was rummaging through some old Morris bits which I have left over from when I had the Traveller a few years back and came across this. I think I got it at an autojumble with some other bits, but don't really want it as I have no need to dim my dash, and the switch doesn't match my older style pull Lucas ones in any case.

Of course I am sort of guessing that it is a dash dimmer, the range is about 0.5 to 8 ohms across the movement. Stamped lettering on the top casing is '78254B 3 66'. Maybe one of you may have been looking for one.... in any case I would rather give it to someone who may use it than it sit in a box in my shed, just let me know if you want it ;)

Price = £0.00

Cheers
Dave :)
1958 1/4 ton van (ex PO Engineers) 1275cc

AMD 69

Re: Lucas dash dimmer 'switch'

Post by AMD 69 »

Never seen one of these are they for later cars.

DaveC

Post by DaveC »

I'm not sure Matt. I am guessing that the '3 66' on the top means March 1966 and that is is a Lucas part, it is the right style for Morris, but both my Travellers just had a slide switch under the dash to switch off the dash lights.

This is why I wondered whether it was rare and someone wanted one. Maybe a little trinket that them Customising folks may like :)
1958 1/4 ton van (ex PO Engineers) 1275cc

Triumph66

Post by Triumph66 »

All the minors I have owned over the years had the slide switch to dim the lights. Your switch could be for another Morris model perhaps?

Good of you to offer it for free for someone.

AMD 69

Post by AMD 69 »

Yes a thought my GPO wiper washer switch was rare because we have loads of switch , s at work but haven seen that one is it for a old jag ????. Have you owned a Roll er in younger days like The Beatles did LOL.