Engine block etc

Selling an item? List it in here
les

Engine block etc

Post by les »

I’ve decided to sell a Minor 1098 block that I’ve had for ages, it’s dismantled but includes pistons, rods, cam, crank.
It is from an Austin badged lcv, with the blanked off pump hole, an original feature on the Austin.
I think it is standard bore, i can confirm if needed.
I’m looking for £40. Will need collection.

Boxofbits

Re: Engine block etc

Post by Boxofbits »

les wrote:I’ve decided to sell a Minor 1098 block that I’ve had for ages, it’s dismantled but includes pistons, rods, cam, crank.
It is from an Austin badged lcv, with the blanked off pump hole, an original feature on the Austin.
I think it is standard bore, i can confirm if needed.
I’m looking for £40. Will need collection.
Hi Les

Is it a 10AB or 10V block out of interest??

Kev

les

Post by les »

Hi Kev, I don’t really know to be honest, and not sure it has a number. I’ve not dragged it out yet, just decided to thin out a bit. What is the difference, just the number? Low com/high com?

les

Post by les »

I’ve pu a couple of pictures up on the mmoc forum. I tried to do it here but the file wasn’t small enough.

Boxofbits

Post by Boxofbits »

les wrote:Hi Kev, I don’t really know to be honest, and not sure it has a number. I’ve not dragged it out yet, just decided to thin out a bit. What is the difference, just the number? Low com/high com?
The 10AB was the earlier Austin engine ‘til they all went 10V around late ‘69/70 I believe. If it’s an original LCV almost certainly low comp.

Saw the pics ...looks in reasonable nick and certainly cheaper than a rebore !

Kev

les

Post by les »

Thanks for info Kev, pistons look deep dished so probably L/C. Didn’t realise how good the bores looked until I dragged it out.