GPO Rear floors...

LCV information requests and exchange
AMD 69

GPO Rear floors...

Post by AMD 69 »

Hi Gents, with the roof Tig welded up :) ...... its now onto the rear floors and because they are GPO ones with the pressing E [ E for engineering }stamped in them and many holes for the GPO tool bins I,m cutting out the old pressing.s and will let them into new new steel with the TIG but the pressings will also need restoring because of rust so not a 5 minute job...... also have remade the box section panel to match the old design because the pattern ones are shallower in depth I believe.

will post some pic,s.

cheers Matt. :?

les

Re: GPO Rear floors...

Post by les »

You’d thing making a pattern panel identical to an original would be as easy as making it different! Maybe they use special measuring instruments, or maybe none :!:

AMD 69

Re: GPO Rear floors...

Post by AMD 69 »

Hi Les and gang hope all is well..... the floor pressing is quite hard to do but not impossible like all things its Time and Money and then more time :) was on U Tube last week and found a chap using a special concrete G60 I think to made a male and female mould all great stuff ...I use fibreglass, tinfoil and a engine press....... ;)

But remember Gents to Pre -stretch all your Beads or any pressing you do with a English Wheel , power hammer or just use a house hammer found in your shed in the area you need to Pre stretch, this will help a lot.