Minor LCV Register Forum

Welcome to the new forum for the Minor LCV Register
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:09 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Cab to body packers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:08 pm 

Oh dear. Studying the manual, it appears that there is also 2 rubber seals both sides for floor edges to body! AAA4815 x2 andAAA4816 x2

Page 55 and 56 in AKD3575

Any idea where these can be bought?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:44 pm 

Looking at ADA591 it seems to be a small L shaped rubber seal that is located where the outer lower front cross member ends bolt on to the B post which neither of my vans had, they only had the outer seal AAA4028/AAA4029.

Looking at your latest images are you wanting to seal the front cross member cross the length of it where it bolts on the the van back?...red arrows in picture. If so that was sealed with waterproof sealer on both my vans, I did the same when I restored them.

Re your question about AAA4815 x2 andAAA4816 x2. ESM do a straight seal Rubber Seal (Van & Pick Up) (Fits Between Rear Floor And Body Sides) Code:RPV200. I understand the ESM seal isn't that good as it is not shaped and not like the original profile so difficult to fit. My originals were good so I reused them.

Attachments:
U5tmb52m (1).jpg
U5tmb52m (1).jpg [ 27.08 KiB | Viewed 770 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:57 pm 

For some reason John my reply has been posted as a new post, I no doubt pressed the wrong button! The reply is under heading Floor. Sorry!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:38 pm 

Thanks Keith, I will do the same. Thanks.
(see my reply to Les)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:04 pm 

More packer questions I'm afraid.
This time it is the leather strips that fit between the chassis "humps" over the rear wheel, and the floor of the cargo body? Are they secured with adhesive or supposed to be gripped by the two sections?
When I stripped it, there was nothing securing them.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:42 am 

The original just had a small square section of rubber sheet glued to the chassis at the highest point. The leather packers go between the outrigger on the chassis where the torsion bar adjuster is bolted on and the floor. I have pictures from my original 61 van strip down showing the chassis, pm me if you want copies.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:59 pm 

Thanks Kieth, but I have too much space between the chassis and body for the packers to remain in position. I will wait until some use on the road and see if it "settles"?
On another point, I'm fitting rear doors now and need to know if there are supposed to be some gaskets between the hinges and the body?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:07 pm 

Hi John.... was just bare steel to steel like all cars and vans ....all the vans were put together with all loose panels ...Doors , bonnet . rear doors etc and then was painted as one.... they also fitted the window winder mec that,s why they all have overspray paint { plus all Bolts } on them and if you look very close at old books and films they also bolted a painters handle to the window mec to help open the the door when painting ;) they do this still today but with Robots.

bare to bare helps to earth doors etc.....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:21 pm 

Also, the Engine was fitted with many components like the Dissy , dynamo , manifold was also fitted with the gearbox and the engine was painted green with overspray hitting the gearbox .....and like all BMC paint jobs the engine and gearbox was turned upside down just like the Main car body was..........thats why you see the paint RUNS upside down..... :roll:

Hope this all helps.