Minor LCV Register Forum

Welcome to the new forum for the Minor LCV Register
It is currently Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Floor
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:54 pm 

I’ve haven’t been able to get these, they are pre shaped to fit the floor profile. I obtained the rubber section as a length and cut to suit, the bends being formed by cutting V pieces out to allow forming 90 degrees.
Regarding the picture I was interested in seeing, it was the position of part number ADA 591 (46 in manual).
The picture you show, is of the two flange faces which, as you say, need some sort of seal. Again can’t remember what I did there, I’ll look when I’m with the van next. I don’t think it’s too critical as the body to cab roof line is staggered anyway, and I believe the bolt holes give a certain amount of tolerance. I’ll have to look, I can’t visualise it clearly.

Post subject: Re: Floor
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:34 pm 

Yes Les, that is the flange joint that concerns me. However it appears that I am looking at the P/U section which shows a rubber seal, fitting between this joint.

In my manual it is on Page 68, item 5, titled back panel to floor, Part no AAA4080.

Maybe it was only on pick ups?

I understand about the B post seal that can be fabricated easily?

Thanks for your time and interest.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:53 pm 

Yes John, the rubber seal is for the Pickup, it forms a watertight joint between the load area floor and the cab back, if you stood behind the tailgate and looked at the joint you would see a radius of rubber, where the two panels meet, making a seal. It’s unique to the pickup The joint approximately 4 inches below this seal, ( the one you’re interested in) is the same on van and pickup. I’ll have a look at what I used to seal it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:32 pm 

Thanks for confirmation. Sorry that I mislead you.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:34 pm 

It not easy explaining details with words alone, so any confusion is inevitable, don’t worry! I have taken a look at my van, too dark for photo but I can now tell you what I did. There is a gasket between the two flanges we are interested in, the thickness is 3/16 inch, the material I used was nylon, which unlike rubber doesn’t compress. I ran a bead of seam sealer round the edges when assembled, to seal it. However I don’t see any critical reason why rubber wouldn’t do. I’m not sure why/how I decided on the thickness, as I don’t see any type of gasket in the manuals. In fact, just to confuse matters, it appears I didn’t fit a gasket to my pickup, it’s just bedded down on black mastic, and in view of not being able to locate a gasket in the manuals, would tend to think the mastic application in between the two flanges, with no gasket, might well be the correct procedure.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:05 am 

Agreed, there are many adhesive sealer strips available, so will use one which is of suitable size.
Thanks again.