Wiring Neimen 66 ignition.

LCV information requests and exchange
GrahamP

Wiring Neimen 66 ignition.

Post by GrahamP »

Hi,
This is my first post so please be gentle.
I have recently bought a K reg van. It should have a steering lock but for some reason this has been taken out. It does have the correct steering column with the hole for the lock to engage.
I have managed to buy a Neimen 66 steering lock and really need help wiring it up. The lock has 6 terminals labelled as follows 30, 30, 57a, 15, 50 and 75 going clockwise looking at the back.
I would be really grateful if someone could point out what wires go where, or a picture would be great.
Thanks
Graham

PoolGuy

Re: Wiring Neimen 66 ignition.

Post by PoolGuy »

I've also acquired a steering lock and found the following, it's different to yours, and I'll probably use a multimeter to establish what the terminals do,

https://www.mmoc.org.uk/Messageboard/vi ... 62#p511618

GrahamP

Post by GrahamP »

PoolGuy wrote:I've also acquired a steering lock and found the following, it's different to yours, and I'll probably use a multimeter to establish what the terminals do,

https://www.mmoc.org.uk/Messageboard/vi ... 62#p511618
Thanks, I’ve seen that, as you say it’s different to mine. I was hoping someone might have the same as mine.
Graham

PoolGuy

Post by PoolGuy »

Graham, I identified my terminals with a multimeter yesterday, it took about 5 mins and that included drinking an espresso. Certainly quicker than waiting for a response here.

GrahamP

Post by GrahamP »

PoolGuy wrote:Graham, I identified my terminals with a multimeter yesterday, it took about 5 mins and that included drinking an espresso. Certainly quicker than waiting for a response here.
Thanks, I have done the same.