Report this post!

Chat and banter about Minor LCV's
PoolGuy

Re: Report this post!

Post by PoolGuy »

I’m afraid that I don’t agree either. I remember using it to report a duplicate post that I couldn’t delete just after I joined. And although that’s much more recent than you, it’s getting on for a year. Maybe you could ask one of the mods if it’s really that much of an issue to you?

Plin

Post by Plin »

All my posts also have this red exclamation mark and to my knowledge I have not had any of my posts 'reported'.

If it is just the red exclamation mark which is used to 'report' a post then I don't know when it started, but as PoolGuy says, it is quite common on forums. (E.g. if you look on the MMOC site you will see the same exclamation mark although is is grey until you hover over it then it turns red, and also morrisminorowners.co.uk forum has the exclamation mark in red in a triangle at the top of the posts.)

bigaadams

Post by bigaadams »

I would like to see a manner to say THANK YOU to posters with valid and timely comments with a similar click and go ICON...

PoolGuy

Post by PoolGuy »

If someone has posted something that I find useful, I think it’s the least I can do to post a quick ‘thank you’. Having a button just seems a bit lazy to me, especially if someone has spent their time helping out. I suppose I also feel that it becomes like the various social media platforms where people vie for likes. I’ve even seen forums where peoples sigs say things like, “if you found my post useful, please hit the like button’, it’s all a bit sad and desperate imo.

starider

Post by starider »

Be assured I appreciate all comments,but also be assured I wasn't making a big issue of it, I really hadn't had this icon on my posts until recently and just needed to know there was no problem,still it has generated some interest!!......................starider :)