I spy

Chat and banter about Minor LCV's
Plin

I spy

Post by Plin »

Hello folks. Just thought as we are quiet I would mention I spied what looked like a beautiful example of a dark blue LCV zipping down the High Street in Baldock (Hertfordshire) yesterday. Only saw a glimpse but it really made my day!! Anyone else been excited by seeing classics out and about?

QCS

Re: I spy

Post by QCS »

My little 1967 GPO van has sneaked out a couple of times - once was to actually sort out a problem for a friend was having trouble with his BT line which had lost dialling tone/no incoming calls but his broadband still working. Sorted that out with a Voice over IP telephone.

Now in process of setting up eight working phone lines in the back of the van off 'CNet' (Collectors network) - a working replica of the GPO UK phone network as it was in the 1960/70's using the old dialling codes of the day. Save me having to set things up when van goes to a village show! Kids love dialling around the World on the network using the rotary dial telephones of the 1960's (and earlier). Just hope things get back to normal soon once the 'bug' has gone.

Plin

Post by Plin »

Oooh I love the old rotary dial phones of my childhood.....shall have to look out for your van at shows! (Though we have yet to take ours out of the garage this year and not looking like it will emerge anytime soon :( )

But great to hear you have been out and about helping - going to charge BT for your consultation services?!!

PoolGuy

Post by PoolGuy »

I'm out and about working, the van is getting even more attention than normal, kids and adults waving. It's nice to put a smile on peoples faces while all this nasty stuff is about.

Plin

Post by Plin »

Glad you're able to get out to work - and indeed spread a little LCV cheer!!

PoolGuy

Post by PoolGuy »

I followed a maroon/burgundy pick up from Beaconsfield to Amersham this morning. Not a sight people expected to see at the moment.

Plin

Post by Plin »

:D :D :D Had our van out for a blast down the A1 to help my sister in Haftield - she has a repaired broken wrist and has been living with us for over two months since just before lockdown, so technically she was still part of our family unit!! So great to get out in it again!!

QCS

Post by QCS »

Did you pass Mr Cummins on the way ;)

les

Post by les »

If you did, what side of the road was he on ? :shock:

Plin

Post by Plin »

:lol: :lol: :lol: