August Posting

Chat and banter about Minor LCV's
Keith

August Posting

Post by Keith »

I've been out and about in my 61 van at a couple of local shows.
This coming weekend, I plan to get my 55 van out to a local show.

First time I've used it since before the lockdown, started first time, first one on the left below at our branch rally :D

I've also been out in my 72 pick up.
Attachments
LCV.jpg
LCV.jpg (104.07 KiB) Viewed 196 times
resized 20220612_105745.jpg
resized 20220612_105745.jpg (63.97 KiB) Viewed 196 times

les

Re: August Posting

Post by les »

Sounds like a nice collection Keith, using them as well. I really need to give my van a run.
Thanks for the August post, I’ve been anticipating it ! :D

Keith

Post by Keith »

Les you do need to give your van a run out.

I must admit I have lost a bit of enthusiasm for the LCVs in recent times with the register moving to FB, although I still enjoy driving them.

I'll get back to finishing my 64 pick up restoration soon.

les

Post by les »

Keith, your ‘55, good news starting first time but when you took it out was it running on pre lockdown petrol ? I’m asking because Im wondering if my van will be ok with the older fuel, again pre lockdown, or if I need to renew the fuel. Like yours it starts ok.
FB say no more. My enthusiasm comes and goes, ——- but no more restorations ! Good luck with the Pickup.

Plin

Post by Plin »

Oooh like Les I was also contemplating who would start the August threads rolling! Great to hear you have been out in your fleet Keith and amazed that you can look after so many!

As for our enthusiasm as I have said before in the past - I have loved our LCVs since childhood as a 1953 SII was our everyday transport (had side windows and back seat) - long since sadly lost as Dad could no longer look after it and we could not take it over at the time and there is nothing on the DVLA database :( :(

So I am always pleased to hear of any adventures! We have been out a few times in our van this year (but shh hubby is not a great fan as he would prefer a Traveller!!!)

Keith

Post by Keith »

Les,

I just topped up the tank, which was half full from before the lockdown with some fresh premium petrol, it started first time and ran it for about 10 miles, ran very well. I did the same with my 61 van and my lowlight.

I run my cars on the premium fuel, more expensive but they run much better on it than the E10, probably due to the high octane and less ethanol.

Re the series 2 LCVs, I have a couple of early LCVs which I was planning to restore, but I'll probably sell those off and restore an early lowlight which I have. So the pick up will be my last LCV restoration for now.

les

Post by les »

Thanks Keith, I’ll top up !

moggybrian

Post by moggybrian »

sorry Guys and Gal's,
all I ever seem to say!
for not posting for such a while but you all know the reason
and I am not going there it's too painful!
just to put everyone in the picture my motor's are all in enforced 'hibernation'
for the forseeable future,
but, with a plan to get them ALL finished in time for
the LCV/MMOC big events next year
God willing and you never know
all together for the first time ever!?
that is my dream one off the bucket list
I will endeavour to be more active on here
please help to keep it going by NOT following my example
Peace & Love,
moggybrian 8-)
PS: thanks Les for your very well timed chat on the 'phone just what I needed...............B. :oops:

les

Post by les »

Good to hear from you Brian, i hope you’ll come to terms with things soon, a loved one’s passing is a painful thing that takes time, I hope your projects will help with this, however pleasant memories live on. As you know, I’m down saaf ! So not much use for helping with your wiring issue. Keep well.

moggybrian

Post by moggybrian »

thanks Les, thanks for being there!!
Brian. :)